Having seen nomination exception speeches from both President Obama and Governor Romney I decided that since I will be eligible to be president on Election day I should let America know what my platform would be if I were president.
- Reform the tax code: Either a flat or fair tax. I might even be wiling to consider a VAT tax,
as long as income ceases to be a consideration in taxation. The progressive tax system has become so
progressive that politically it is impossible to propose tax cuts without being
accused of giving tax cuts to millionaires.
Of course the critics are right, since those are the only people
actually paying taxes anymore.
- Resolve the housing crisis overnight by
privatizing Freddie Mac and Fannie May while repealing the Community
Reinvestment Act. I would also appoint
Chris Dodd and Barney Frank as their respective CEO’s. Without federal funding those companies would
immediately collapse. As soon as bad
mortgages stopped being issued, the housing market rebounds.
- Deal with Iran… indirectly. Since we are already planning to leave Iran
and Afganistan I would park some of our bombers, tanks and other military
equipment over in Isreal… maybe even leave the keys in the ignition of some B-1
Bombers. Isreal, Do what you have to do…
We’ll look the other way.
- Open up drilling EVERYWHERE. This creates jobs and affordable energy.
- Repeal Obamacare.
- Enable individuals to buy insurance across state lines
- Allow portability of insurance over an individual’s lifetime.
- A policy is opened at 18 years of age
- As long as that policy is maintained
- Covers 99% of pre-existing conditions (because most 18 year olds are healthy)
- Keep it until you die.
- No unreasonable penalties for changing your plan attribute over time.
- This creates competition, individual responsibility and lowers healthcare costs while increasing service through the free market.
- And give more people access to Healthcare Savings Accounts
- If you are over 40, you can opt to keep Medicare.
- If you are under 40, see the above Healthcare point.
- Reduce spending to 2006 levels
- Federal Spending freeze for 10 years
- Pay down national debt
- If that doesn’t work, sell California (and everything in it) to the Chinese. They’re practically communist there already. Should be a smooth transition