Monday, May 21, 2007

The Adventures of Andy at the Movies

Friday night I went to see the third installment of Shrek. I was not too surprised when half the movie staff was already decked out in special Shrek 3 gear. However when we got into the theatre itself the isles were lined with people in costumes from the film and somebody in front for the screen was asking trivia questions to the two-thirds full audience.

Having found a seat for myself and my date the next question was the grand prize, but nobody knew the constellation that Shrek points out to Donkey in the first movie. It was Bloodnut the flatulent.

I did know the flatulent part.

So the alternate grand prize question was “Who was originally cast as Shrek”.

Knowing this as hearsay, but never actually seeing it in print somewhere I shot my arm into the air. When prompted I said, “Chris Farley!”

The grand prize: 2 tickets to a future movie at the same theatre.

So I paid for Shrek and I get to go to either “Pirates of the Caribbean 3”, “The Simpsons”, “Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer”, “Transformers” or “Live Free or Die Hard”. One thing’s for sure I won’t be going to see “La Vie En Rose”.

But for my Shrek Review: Click here!

No comments: