Friday, February 10, 2006

Being a badass is all relative.

I was thinking about what it means to be a badass lately. Does it have to do with your street creds? Are you really only a badass if you’ve held up a liquor store?

I say it’s all relative. You can be as bad as anyone else, in your respective field. Take Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers. An absolute badass as a strong safety, but I’m not about to let him do my taxes! I have my own badass accountant for that.

You can be the baddest street thug in the baddest part of town with the baddest rap, but unless you can turn 20% sales growth into a substantial stock price increase you're just a weenie in baggy pants in the board room.

Even I can be a badass...

Take Jury duty for instance, I'm an educated white guy who votes republican. I'm a Defense Attorney’s worst nightmare!

Yeah Mr. Lawyer what are you going to do about it?

Oh you say I should go home?

Okay, have a nice day!

No comments: