Thursday, January 29, 2009

Please consider the economy before printing THIS blog

It has come to my attention no less than twice since posting my previous post on environmental stimulus, that my theory would more immediately and more importantly help the economy.

Oh, if you haven’t read my previous post it’s right here. No, take your time, I’ll be here when you get back.

Okay now that you’ve gone back and read what I wrote earlier this week we can now move forward.

When I printed that email, which I did so in order to perform a task at my job, I was creating economic growth. By doing my job, my company is able to complete it’s stated mission, by completing their mission they can make a profit. When making a profit the shareholders get a dividend and the stock price goes up and more people are employed, and they print out emails that go on to save the planet.

I just realized that in one run-on-sentence I summed up an entire semester of Environmental Economics.

The point is, the environment and economic prosperity are not mutually exclusive. Sure the environmentalists believe so, but that’s because their real agenda is as much government regulation on business as possible. And it’s impossible for an individual, company or society to grow its way out of heavy restraints, let alone prosper!

No comments: